Monday, August 17, 2009

Heaven: by Jordan Sherrod

Here is the way my friend described Heaven. Abby knows this better than all of us! She is in infinite joy and how i await that time...the moment i meet my Daddy face to face...what an amazing joy that will be...what a mixture of emotions...what an indescribable moment...what a gloroius day!

“I can’t explain all the emotions I’ll have! When that glorious day comes I’ll probably have emotions I didn’t know existed! All I can think about is sitting in my Daddy’s arms, His strong arms. All wrapped around me, His arms are more solid then rock and yet as comfortable as a feather bed! And his presence is a brilliant light, and from his body there is warmth, no warmth as in heat but as in security and comfort. The very moment I sit there on his lap, if it is allowed I’ll start pouring out showers of tears, tears of Joy and yet tears of sorrow because of all those million times I sinned. Then I’ll turn and hug him firmly around the waist and He’ll hug me securely and tell me, ‘Welcome home, son,” and I’ll probably start crying all over again after hearing the voice I’ve been waiting to hear ALL my life! That soothing, melodic, and comforting voice. After all these things happen I will lift my eyes and look into his glory, staring at me in his face. There will be love, Oh what love!! Unfailing Love, something I’ve never experienced, but that face…that beautiful, Holy face will be more than I can bear, and I’ll slide off his lap, down his robe, on to the ground and bow as low as I can saying, “oh my Master, my Daddy, I am so unworthy!! You are the King and I am but dust! Why? I am so unworthy!! And then the Father, with His mighty hands will pick me up as if I am a teddy bear and will set me once again on his lap and say. “I love you so much son and I died for you so you could be where you are right now!” *more crying* His hand is wrapped around the back of my head, and his fingers are so huge that they touch at my forehead, he lifts me up and sets my head on his chest and he embraces me, me…nothing but ashes, and I am shocked and in awe of my Savior. Embraced by my maker, dwelling for eternity with him, praising him…Truly this is Heaven.”

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,
    This is what I only want to do, to Fix my eyes on the unseen.
    Our lives are REAL simple: We are created, given a spirit, we work, breath, strive, run, race, fight, struggle, scream, shout, live, love for the LORD, we die, we go to Hell or Heaven, if we go to Heaven we get golden crowns composed of glory- Our reward. But there's one thing that a lot of people don't know or think about- Let me ask you a question, Why Do we get our rewards? The ONLY reason we get and want (should want) rewards is SO we have SOMEHTING to give to our God, who deserves SO MUCH MORE than anything we can do! talk about frustrating...we wanta give God somehting he deserves, but you can never give him enough! So we strive for rewards so we can cast down our golden crowns before God Almighty!
    So we strive for these rewards with all we can. Things "in-between" during life, like distractions, friendships crumbling (yet not dissentigrated), etc, happen, but in reality "Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we FIX our eyes not on what is seen," (like friendship status, or on past things of NO VALUE) "but on what is unseen." (like real friendship and commradory for Christ in this race) "For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
    -Jsherr

    ReplyDelete