Tuesday, April 28, 2009

14 years of life: Becky Knight (cousin)

As sad as this week has been, the closeness of Jesus has been indescribable and I would not trade this for anything. He is enough. Wednesday morning when my mom called me with the news that Abby had gone to be with Jesus my first thought what “WHAT IN THE WORLD, THERE’S NO WAY!?” I kept repeating this over and over all day long. I couldn’t get it off my mind. I was initially angry with God. I kept asking WHY? Why someone who has been such a light in the midst of darkness. Why someone who loves you with all her heart, soul, mind, and strength! Why someone who is only 14 YEARS OLD? Why someone who is fighting so hard through her struggles yet STILL giving Jesus the glory… Why? Why Abby, God? Why not me? His will is best. Abby lived her life – she finished the race and left a legacy like none other.

She is gone, but 1 Thess. 4:17 says, “After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.” That is a beautiful picture. Heaven is beyond me, but His promises I cling to. Faith is being sure of what we hope for and CERTAIN of what we do not see (Heb. 11:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment