Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Abigail Ford: Jordan Sherrod (cousin)

Abigail Ford-
My cousin is in complete and absolute satisfaction. She is dwelling in the sight of Love, Joy, and Peace. I am so Jealous of her, and her ability to now stand in an everlasting Glory that would blind us at the smallest glimpse of it!! In the Book of Ezekiel, several times it talks about Ezekiel seeing the glory of God, simply the GLORY of God, not even God, and every time Ezekiel sees it "Coming" he falls flat on his face in Pure awe. I am so Jealous that Abby can now stand in the presence of my Master and withstand his Glory and soak in the overwhelming warmth that explodes from the very heart of GOD!!!! like she said, "If we were to see her now, we would never want her back."............but we can't see her. We can only imagine. And until we get there too, we are going to have to be reminded, constantly, that she IS in a better place. I miss her so much. My cousin accomplished in fourteen years, what some people have accomplished in what we humans call a "lifetime". Sometimes I really do wish I could die and join her, and I'm sure a lot of other people think the same way.....but that would mean giving up the Mission. Failing, on purpose. That is not what we were sent here to do. Why was she here? She was here to serve her master, and she did it whole-heartedly. That's why we are here, to serve our master, and until he calls me into his presence I am going to stay here and accomplish my mission that my King has sent me on. So when we think of Abby, we don't think of her as a comrade that has tragically fallen in a battle during the mission, but we think of her as a Glorious soldier who has finally completed the mission that her king sent her on and now stands by the side of her King receiving the glorious rewards that are given to her for completing the mission, code named, "life".
Some people could care less about what their quest in life is, but Abby was a God-centered, Bible-saturated, Kindom-seekin', Jesus-Lovin', kind-hearted, Peace-finding, Joy-filled, happy-hearted, Prayer warrior who sought out the Kingdom and His will with all her heart.
So many times, when I was discouraged, she came over to me and encouraged me with sweet, gentle words that reflected the righteousness of God. Even when she was in the midst of turmoil and sorrow, she managed to encourage everyone around her.
Were going to miss her and it sure will be hard, but at least we have our King, and Abby's King, who will be "By our side wherever we fall, in the dead of night whenever we call so please don't fight the hands that are holding you. HIS hands are holding you."
-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment